Click here for Migration Services

Chinese Version 中文版 IMMIGRATION & JOBS
Like hotfrog on FacebookFollow hotfrog on Twitter
ACE Visas Australia

Student Visa
If you wish to study at ACEIC you must already possess a valid Australian visa or be an Australian citizen. Overseas students wishing to study in Australia for full-time courses greater than 12 weeks will need to obtain a student visa and apply to a government approved CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) registered institution. For further information please click here.

As a holder of a student visa, it is important that you are aware of the following:

  • you must possess a valid visa; and
  • Overseas Student Health Cover for the entire duration of your course
  • you may work 20 hrs/wk (academic terms); unlimited hours (vacations)

Part-time Jobs
Work available to international students is usually part-time in restaurants, factories and shops. The best way to seek employment is by checking newspaper advertisements (Australian and local Chinese community ones), through friends, by enquiries at the Careers Centre on campus, or by searching online.

Although part-time work is available, it is normally not as stable or as financially rewarding as full-time jobs. Students should consider their main purpose of overseas study and find the balance between study and work.

If you work you will need to apply for a Tax File Number (TFN). Employers will require your TFN to enable them to deduct income tax from your salary before you receive it. You can apply for a TFN at:

The Australian Taxation Office classifies international students studying in the country for six months or more as residents for taxation purposes. If you earn an income you will have to submit a tax return at the end of the financial year (30 June). Interest earned from bank deposits or other investments are considered income and are subject to income tax.

Immigration News
The global economic recession in 2009 forced the Australian federal government to tighten its reigns on skilled migrants. In other words, the Australian immigration policy of permanent visas is now more stringent than in the past.

However, this can consequently speed up the approval of certain applicants of in-demand jobs. Professionals with a disability, engineers, information technology, medical professionals and construction tradesmen are at the top of a new round of shortage jobs. The immigration department will give these applicants priority. In Western Australia, majors relative to mining industry and constructions remain in-demand.

These reforms tremendously have influenced overseas students in choosing University courses. Thousands of international students graduate and apply for permanent residency once acquiring an in-demand skill such as cooking.

Besides skilled migration, there are some other ways to immigrate to Australia. For further information, please visit Australian official immigration website


- Success Stories- English - IELTS - Mandarin

International Programs
Teachers & Staff
Living in Perth
- Accommodation - Transport - Recreation - Immigration & Jobs
Contact Us
Careers at ACEIC